VANGIBATH POWDER VANGIBATH PUDI RECIPE– Vangibath powder or vangibath pudi recipe is a dry south indian masala powder especially in Karnataka used to spice up Vangibath Rice or Brinjal rice. Vangibath powder or vangibath pudi has powdered shallow fried dals with red chillies and dry copra that is aromatic and also handy while preparing Vangibath rice or south indian vegetables. Vangibath powder can also be used while making dry vegetable sides with brinjal, beans, potato, cabbage etc. The masala powder spices the vegetables and the outcome is delicious. Try making Vangibath Rice (recipe follows) for lunch or when guests come.
VANGIBATH POWDER|VANGIBATH PUDI RECIPE
PREP TIME:10 MIN; COOKING TIME:30 MIN; SERVINGS: MULTIPLE TIMES
- 1 Cup Bengal gram dal
- 3/4 Cup Urad dal
- 1 Cup Byadagi chillies( 15-20 byadagi)
- 1/2 Cup Coriander seeds
- 4-5 pieces Cinnamon stick or Chakke
- 1 Tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp. Marathi moggu or capers or shalmali
- 2-3 cloves or lavanga
- 2 Cups grated copra (dry coconut)
- 25 gms. Oil
- Take a thick bottomed pan, keep it on a stove on low heat.
- Fry the dry, grated coconut till red and keep aside.
- Add oil to the pan and start frying the above ingredients one by one.
- First add Coriander seeds and fry it for a minute on medium heat.
- Next add the byadagi chillies and fry for two minutes. Transfer these two to a big bowl.
- In the same pan add the bengal gram and urad dals. Fry them till they are golden brown and transfer it to the bowl.
- Next add Marati moggu, cinnamon sticks and lavang and fry till the aroma comes out.
- After the above mixture cools down, make a powder of it in a dry grinder by adding turmeric and dried coconut.
- Mix it well and store it in an air tight container.
NOTE: This powder can be stored and used multiple times for making Vangibath rice or when preparing south Indian vegetable sides with brinjal, cabbage, chow chow, beans, potato etc.