TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE is a simple and straight forward soup. The ingredients you need are tomatoes, basil, garlic and some salt and pepper. Any evening you want a light meal, you can make this soup. If you have excess of basil lying around you could add it to the tomatoes to make the soup. Tomato Basil soup along with some garlic bread will make a sumptuous appetizer for your family and friends.
TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE
PREP TIME:10 Mins; COOKING TIME:15 Mins; TOTAL TIME :25 Mins;
SERVINGS :2-3; AUTHOR:LAKSHMI BANGALORE
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 Basil leaves
- few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cream (Optional)
- Heat butter in a pan on medium flame and saute onion, crushed garlic and bay leaf till onion is translucent.
- Next add tomatoes, bail and salt.
- Saute for a minute or till tomatoes change colour.
- Add ½ cup water, cover and boil till tomatoes turn soft.
- After 10 minutes remove the bay leaf and cool the mixture.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Sieve the tomato paste discarding the residue.
- Add more water adjusting the consistency of the soup.
- Boil the soup and add 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt followed by corn starch diluted in little water.
- Mix well making sure all the spices are combined well.
- Next, turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp cream (0ptional) and mix well.
- Finally serve the tomato basil soup garnished with coriander leaves.