Cream of Leek-potato soup recipe is a creamy delicious vegetarian soup that has the mild flavour of leek and the potato adds to the thickness of the soup. Simple ingredients such as garlic, pepper and bay leaf adds to the flavour of the soup. Add cream or milk to enhance the creaminess of the soup. Substituting olive oil with butter makes it healthier. Cream of leek-potato soup with toasted garlic bread can make a simple meal in itself.
CREAM OF LEEK-POTATO SOUP RECIPE
PREP TIME:10Mins; COOKING TIME:20Mins; TOTAL TIME :30Mins;SERVINGS :2 to 3
- 1 cup chopped Leek
- 1 big Potatoes
- 4 Teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoon thick cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- salt as required
- 8 black peppers powdered
- a few parsley/coriander leaves for garnish
- Clean and chop the leeks by removing the roots and the dark green portions.
- Also peel the potatoes and dice them and keep it in a bowl of water.
- Cut the garlic into small pieces.
- In a pan melt butter. Add the garlic, bay leaf and saute well till brown.
- Next add the chopped leeks and saute for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add potatoes and stir.
- Add water salt and pepper, cover and cook till potatoes are cooked well.
- Strain the boiled vegetables and let the mixture cool down a bit. Remove the bay leaf.
- After it has cooled down, blend the vegetables in a grinder by adding little strained vegetable water.
- Transfer the ground vegetable into the pan and heat it on a low flame.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding water or vegetable stock.
- After the soup starts to boil, add cream and stir well.
- Adjust the salt as per your taste and turn off the heat.
- Serve leek and potato soup garnished with parsley or coriander leaves.
TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE is a simple and straight forward soup. The ingredients you need are tomatoes, basil, garlic and some salt and pepper. Any evening you want a light meal, you can make this soup. If you have excess of basil lying around you could add it to the tomatoes to make the soup. Tomato Basil soup along with some garlic bread will make a sumptuous appetizer for your family and friends.
TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE
PREP TIME:10 Mins; COOKING TIME:15 Mins; TOTAL TIME :25 Mins;
SERVINGS :2-3; AUTHOR:LAKSHMI BANGALORE
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 Basil leaves
- few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cream (Optional)
- Heat butter in a pan on medium flame and saute onion, crushed garlic and bay leaf till onion is translucent.
- Next add tomatoes, bail and salt.
- Saute for a minute or till tomatoes change colour.
- Add ½ cup water, cover and boil till tomatoes turn soft.
- After 10 minutes remove the bay leaf and cool the mixture.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Sieve the tomato paste discarding the residue.
- Add more water adjusting the consistency of the soup.
- Boil the soup and add 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt followed by corn starch diluted in little water.
- Mix well making sure all the spices are combined well.
- Next, turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp cream (0ptional) and mix well.
- Finally serve the tomato basil soup garnished with coriander leaves.