Raw Mango Pickle recipes come in variety. This mango pickle recipe is simple to make using a few ingredients like chilly powder, fenugreek seeds, mustard, hing and oil. Pickles make an interesting side dish along with curd rice or any rice dishes, dosa, idly, upma etc.
RAW MANGO PICKLE RECIPE
PREP TIME:10 Min; COOKING TIME:5 Min; TOTAL TIME :15 Min;
- 500 grams unripe or green Omlette mango (big sized)
- 5 teaspoons byadagi red chili powder (or red chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6-7 teaspoon salt (or add as per taste)
- 1/4 cup refined oil
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- Rinse the mango and then dry it with a clean towel thoroughly.
- Chop the mango into cubes.
- The chopped raw mangoes should be about 1-1/2 cups.
- Place it in a big bowl, add salt and mix thoroughly.
- Store this in a glass jar for 4 days. Water will leave and collect at the bottom of the jar. This is alright.
- After 4 days, we have to season the mango pieces with chillies, oil and mustard.
- Remove the salted mango pieces into a clean bowl.
- Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds to it.
- After the mustard splutters, add fenugreek seeds, hing and turmeric and turn off the heat.
- Add chilly powder or store bought pickle powder to the salted mangoes and mix well.
- Add the seasoning now and mix thoroughly. Store it in a big bottle and mix every other day as the pickle.
- Keep this in the refrigerator and use it within 3 months.