Raw Mango Chutney Recipe is a tangy chutney made out of raw green mangoes, red chilies and fenugreek seeds. Since summer is here mangoes are availabe in plenty. Jaggery is added to balance the sour taste of mangoes. Mango chutney goes well with dosa, akki rotti and can also be eaten with plain rice. Also check out my Mavinakayi chitranna or Mango rice recipe.
RAW MANGO CHUTNEY RECIPE
PREP TIME:10Mins; COOKING TIME:5 Mins; TOTAL TIME :15Mins;SERVINGS : 6
- 1 medium sized unripe raw mango (peeled & chopped or grated)
- 4-5 Byadagi red chillies
- 5-6 Methi seeds
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Jaggery or Sugar
- salt (as required)
- 1/2 Tsp. Mustard seeds
- pinch of hing
- 3-4 Tsp. oil
- Rinse the mangoes well then dry them with a kitchen towel
- Peel and chop them into small pieces or grate it.
- Heat a kadai with 1 teaspoon of oil in it.
- Add the red chillies fry on medium heat.
- After a minute add the Methi of Fenugreek seeds and fry till brown.
- Grind the cut mangoes, methi seeds and red chillies along with jaggery and salt. Do not add any water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds for seasoning. After it splutters add hing and the ground mixture in it.
- Fry the chutney on a low flame for a minute. Taste and adjust the salt and sweet content.
- Serve it with Dosa, idli or roti, rice.
- Refrigerate unused portion for later consumption.