Raw banana palya recipe is a south Indian dry vegetable recipe that is easy to make and with health benefits. It has loads of fibre and regulates blood sugar levels.
RAW BANANA PALYA RECIPE – SOUTH INDIA DRY VEGETABLE MADE WITH RAW UNRIPE BANANAS
PREP TIME:10 Mins; COOKING TIME:20 Mins; TOTAL TIME :30 Mins;SERVINGS :2-3
- 2 medium raw bananas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 bydagi red chili
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- ½ teaspoon methi seeds
- few curry leaves
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- ¼ cup water or as required
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Rinse the raw unripe bananas. Peel the outer skin.
- Dice the banana and add them in a bowl containing water, so that they don’t darken.
- Dry fry the red chilies and methi seeds.
- Grind the chilies, methi seeds and grated coconut with very little water.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan on a medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and saute till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Next add the urad dal and fry till it turns golden.
- Sprinkle a pinch of asafoetida and put the curry leaves.
- Stir well and add the raw banana, turmeric, and salt to taste.
- Add water and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid.
- On a low flame simmer till the bananas have cooked well and softened. Sprinkle some more water if required.
- Add the ground coconut mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix.
- Serve raw banana palya with sambar-rice, rasam-rice.