Nimbe gojju or Lemon curry is a simple tasty curry made out of lemon juice. If you have lemon lying around and if you are bored of making lemon rice, then this gojju is a good option. Nimbe gojju is a watery curry made out of lemon juice, coconut and a few dry ingredients. It’s tangy taste with sweet, sour and hot makes it to be a great side dish. Nimbe gojju or lemon curry goes well with rice, roti, ragi balls or dosa. This is my mother-in-laws recipe and very delicious indeed!
NIMBE GOJJU|LEMON CURRY
PREP TIME: 10 MINS; COOK TIME: 10 MINS; SERVINGS: 5
- 2 Medium lemon juice extract
- 1 Tsp. Bengal gram dal
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Urad dal
- 1/2 Cup Fresh coconut gratings
- 1/2 Tsp. Methi seeds
- 4 Bydagi red Chillies
- 2 Tsp. Jaggery powder
- pinch of Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Extract the juice of 2 lemons and keep it aside.
- Keep a pan on medium fire and dry fry bengal gram dal, urad dal, followed by red chillies and methi or fenugreek seeds.
- Grind the above fried mixture along with turmeric and coconut adding little water.
- Heat a pan and put oil for seasoning. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add hing and curry leaves, followed by the ground paste.
- Put salt and jaggery and let the masala warm up. Now add the lemon juice.
- Adjust the salt and jaggery to your taste and turn off heat as there is no need to cook it further.