Kadlebeeja chutney or Shenga chutney is a mildly spiced simple chutney which goes very well with any dish. Shenga chutney is made from roasted peanuts flavored using green chilies or red chilies, curry leaves and tamarind. If you are looking for other chutney options that goes well with dosa, idli, roti then shenga chutney is the best option. Shenga chutney is usually prepared commonly in North karnataka regions and in Andhra pradesh.
KADLEBEEJA CHUTNEY | SHENGA CHUTNEY | PEANUTS CHUTNEY | GROUNDNUT CHUTNEY
PREP TIME: 5Mins; COOK TIME: 10Mins; TOTAL TIM: 15Mins
SERVINGS:3-4; AUTHOR: LAKSHMI BANGALORE
- 3/4 cup shenga or peanuts roasted
- 3-4 red chilies
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 inch of tamarind
- 7-9 curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Water to grind
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the peanuts over medium flame for 3-4 minutes till the skin turns brown and gives out a nice aroma.
- Transfer the roasted peanuts onto a plate and let it cool. Next, remove the skin and keep the peanuts ready.
- To the same pan add 1 tsp oil, curry leaves, red chilies, peeled garlic cloves (optional) and saute for a minute or two.
- Add tamarind piece and saute for a minute till it is crisp. Let the ingredients cool.
- Transfer all the above ingredients to the mixi jar along with roasted peanuts.
- Add water & salt as required and grind to a coarse paste. Transfer the chutney to a bowl.
- For seasoning, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves, saute for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Add the tadka to the chutney bowl, mix very well.
- Relish this simple and delicious shenga chutney with idly, dosa, roti.