Yes, you read that correctly. An all time favorite, the brownie has been made healthy, and low-calorie! This is my original recipe, and has been made after several hours of research and failed attempts. It yields an extremely fudgy, chocolatey brownie. Enjoy with friends or family (although I would eat this alone). Perfect treat for a weight loss plan.
Preparation time : 35-45 minutes.
The following recipe is for 1 serving :
- 1/2 tablespoon low fat butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons low calorie sweetener (I use erythriol)
- 90ml skim milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Whisk butter, egg whites, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Stir in the yoghurt. Keep stirring till no lumps remain. Stir in the sugar and erythriol, then stir in the milk. Add cocoa powder and baking powder. Pour the flour. Lastly, gently fold in the dark chocolate.
- Spread the resulting batter onto a pan. Bake at 150 degrees C for 15 – 19 minutes. 15 minutes yields a fudgier brownie, while 19 minutes yields a cakey brownie. (OPTIONAL : Let the brownies sit at room temperature for 6 hours)