CUCUMBER MOONG DAL KOSAMBARI RECIPE is a salad made out of soaked moong dal or split green gram with cucumber. During Ramanavami festival this type of Kosambari and Paanaka or Sherbet or juice is served in South Indian households or in religious gatherings.
CUCUMBER MOONG DAL KOSAMBARI|CUCUMBER MOONG DAL SALAD
PREP TIME:15Mins; COOKING TIME:0 ; TOTAL TIME :15Mins;SERVINGS :4
- ¼ cup moong dal
- enough water for soaking moong dal
- 1.5 cups finely chopped cucumber
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 green chili, (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (or add as required)
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Firstly rinse ¼ cup moong lentils a couple of times in water. Then soak the lentils for 1 to 2 hours.
- Later drain all the water and add the soaked moong lentils into a bowl.
- Add 1.5 finely chopped cucumber, 3 tablespoons freshly grated coconut, 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and 1 green chili (chopped). Instead of green chilies, you can use black pepper powder.
- Squeeze some lemon juice. you can add lemon juice less or more as per your requirements.
- Mix everything very well.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a small pan and then add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
- Once the mustard seeds crackle, add 5 to 6 curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida. Stir and then switch off the flame.
- Pour the tempering mixture in the salad. Mix very well. You can refrigerate the salad and then serve later. Add salt before serving the salad and mix very well.
- Serve kosambari salad as a side with your meals.