Stir fried Vegetables-Chinese is a colourful, healthy, tasty dish that contains a variety of vegetables such as snap peas, colourful capsicums, mushroom, green onions, cabbage, bok choy, corn and other vegetables that are Stir fried on high flame and flavoured with soy sauce and chillies. This stir fry can be eaten with plain steamed rice.
STIR FRIED VEGETABLES – CHINESE
PREP TIME: 10MIN; COOK TIME: 10 MIN; SERVINGS: 3-4
- 1/2 KG of mixed vegetables like snap peas, red, yellow, green capsicums, mushroom, green onions, cabbage, bok choy, baby corn, broccoli
- 3 green chillies
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 15 Cashews
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables and keep them aside. This can be according to your liking but since we are going to cook on a high flame the vegetables should not be too big.
- Heat the oil in the pan then add the ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Fry it for half a minute and when the ginger-garlic paste starts to turn brown add the green chillies followed by the vegetables one-by-one. The ones that take longer to cook should be fried first. Here I put corn and beans first keeping the flame on medium high flame. Then followed by cabbage, capsicum, peas and broccoli. Lastly add the green onions and bok choy.
- Once the vegetables are half done, add the salt, sugar, pepper, vinegar and the soy sauce. It is important that you constantly stir the vegetables as it has to cook evenly.
- In a small pan dry fry the cashews till they are brown.
- Stir fry the vegetables for 5-6 minutes. Add the cashews on top and serve it with steamed rice.
- Stir fry with or without rice can be eaten for lunch or dinner.