Carrot Kheer is nothing but carrot payasam made out of carrots, milk, sugar, badam and cashew. This Christmas entertain your taste buds to a simple dessert that is wholesome and enjoyable. Cooked carrots are ground along with some almonds and cashews to give a beautiful light orange color.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN; COOK TIME: 10 MIN; TOT TIME:20 MIN; SERVINGS 4
- 250 gm. fresh carrots
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Cashews
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 6 Cardamom
- Saffron strands (optional)
- Wash the carrots, peel their skin and cut them into medium sized coins.
- Cook the cut carrots, almonds and cashews in a pressure cooker with little water.
- Turn off heat after the cooker blows two whistles.
- After the carrots cool down grind it into a fine paste by adding little water.
- Boil this ground mixture along with sugar and milk.
- Adjust the consistency of the kheer or payasam by adding more or less milk.
- Finally add cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Turn off heat after a minute and enjoy the kheer after dinner.