BESAN LADOO RECIPE-Besan ladoo or besan laddu is one of the popular and savored mithai in Indian cuisine. It is an easy sweet dish prepared all over India during festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali, Navaratri etc. Besan ladoo is prepared with chickpea or gram flour, sugar, ghee, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder and shaped into lemon sized balls. If you are a dessert lover, then Besan ladoo is apt for you as it is very light, has amazing taste and texture. One can relish this irresistible sweet dish for two weeks when stored in air tight container.
BESAN LADOO | BESAN LADDU | HOW TO MAKE BESAN LADOO
PREP TIME:5Mins; COOKING TIME:25Mins; TOTAL TIME:30Mins
SERVINGS: 12-15 Ladoos; AUTHOR : LAKSHMI BANGALORE
- 2 Cups chickpea or bengal gram flour
- 1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup +2 Tbsp melted ghee
- 1/4 cup coarsely powdered almonds
- 1/4 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews (optional)
- Grind the sugar and cardamom and keep aside.
- Heat half cup ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the besan flour.
- Mix well and cook on a medium to low flame for about 10-12 minutes .Saute continuously and break the lumps.
- Roast the besan flour till it turns light brown and gives out nice aroma. Continuously stir the mixture to avoid burning the flour.
- Turn off the flame and stir the mixture for about a minute. Transfer the mixture on to a plate and let it cool for a while.
- When the besan is still warm, add powdered sugar with cardamom to the mixture and mix well with your palm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ghee and mix well.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it to lemon sized balls.
- Decorate the top of each besan ladoos with cashews and store in an air tight container.
TIP: Keep warm melted ghee on the side when you are binding the ladoos. In case they crack add a little more warm ghee and it should help the ladoos to bind.